Jansen (
jacket) wrote in
damned_lounge2013-11-18 08:49 pm
Entry tags:
CHARACTER PLOT POST: DAY 74
This is the official Lounge post for players who want to plan out specific Dayshift threads ahead of time in order to foster desired kinds of interaction and character development. Allow us to stress that SCHEDULING THREADS IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL, and while there is no limit on the amount of threads you can schedule, we strongly encourage you to take care in how many threads you schedule and try to keep yourself open for random interaction when possible.
Please use the following template when commenting. We suggest bolding important points so that people who are scanning the post can get a quick idea of what you're looking for. You might also want to use the usernames of the characters whose attention you want so that people can easily ctrl+F to find things relevant to their interests. Your request can range from as vague as "I want my character to make new friends!" to as specific as "I want my character to thread with a megalomaniacal antagonist during lunch, if possible."
You might want to refer to the schedule to know how to plan threads! Also, there will be some changes in the shift activities. Instead of a lunch shift, the third shift will be spent as a free choice shift with bag lunches of snacks given out.
Also, as detailed in this post, Dayshift will be a mingle log, still in prose. It will last from November 20th until December 5th, after which dinner shift will begin as normal.
While you're able to do multiple threads simultaneously, we ask that players try not to do more than 4 threads, just like any other DS.
NOTE: IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE INFO POST ABOUT THIS COMING DAYSHIFT, PLEASE DO SO BEFORE COMMENTING TO THE PLOT POST.
Have fun!
SUBJECT LINE: character name(s)
Name:
Posting Speed: (give a rough idea! fast = roughly 2+ posts per day per character; medium = roughly 1 post per day per character; slow = 1 post every 2 or 3 days (consistently). if your speed varies, say so and explain how if possible.)
Notes: Anything a potential thread partner might need to know, from which days of the week you're fastest on to how many shifts you are planning to schedule (if you want to limit it, say so) to upcoming things that might make you busy at a certain (exam week, trips, etc.)
Character:
Interaction/Development Wanted: (what kind of plotting/interaction you're looking for, any specific characters you're already going to be threading with, characters you'd like to thread with, etc.)
When: (be as specific or un-specific as you want)
Please use the following template when commenting. We suggest bolding important points so that people who are scanning the post can get a quick idea of what you're looking for. You might also want to use the usernames of the characters whose attention you want so that people can easily ctrl+F to find things relevant to their interests. Your request can range from as vague as "I want my character to make new friends!" to as specific as "I want my character to thread with a megalomaniacal antagonist during lunch, if possible."
You might want to refer to the schedule to know how to plan threads! Also, there will be some changes in the shift activities. Instead of a lunch shift, the third shift will be spent as a free choice shift with bag lunches of snacks given out.
Also, as detailed in this post, Dayshift will be a mingle log, still in prose. It will last from November 20th until December 5th, after which dinner shift will begin as normal.
While you're able to do multiple threads simultaneously, we ask that players try not to do more than 4 threads, just like any other DS.
NOTE: IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE INFO POST ABOUT THIS COMING DAYSHIFT, PLEASE DO SO BEFORE COMMENTING TO THE PLOT POST.
Have fun!
SUBJECT LINE: character name(s)
Name:
Posting Speed: (give a rough idea! fast = roughly 2+ posts per day per character; medium = roughly 1 post per day per character; slow = 1 post every 2 or 3 days (consistently). if your speed varies, say so and explain how if possible.)
Notes: Anything a potential thread partner might need to know, from which days of the week you're fastest on to how many shifts you are planning to schedule (if you want to limit it, say so) to upcoming things that might make you busy at a certain (exam week, trips, etc.)
Character:
Interaction/Development Wanted: (what kind of plotting/interaction you're looking for, any specific characters you're already going to be threading with, characters you'd like to thread with, etc.)
When: (be as specific or un-specific as you want)

Taura, Lana Skye
Posting Speed: Medium! I can sometimes boomerang in the evenings (eastern US), but generally it's 1/day.
Notes: I will be hosting family for Thanksgiving -- Wed/Thurs/Fri of that week I will be completely AWOL.
Character: Taura
Interaction/Development Wanted: She needs to catch up with Rita, and either make plans with her or find new Nightshift buddies (or both if we want a 3-person NS thread.
When: No preference
Character: Lana Skye
Interaction/Development Wanted: Security system takedown planning!
When: No preference
Scar, Link, Korra
Posting Speed: hovering around medium these days, sometimes fast. mmmfff college.
Notes: I changed Korra's journal! Nothing should be different, I'm just... saying this everywhere to minimize confusion.
Character: Scar
Interaction/Development Wanted: Scar is going to spend a lot of the day moping/napping, since he's lost a lot of 'friends' in the past week or so. Obligatory warning for crankiness goes here. As usual, he'll at least be making sure that castmates + Tsubaki are all okay.
When: Whenever!
Character: Link
Interaction/Development Wanted: Catching up with Sora and Tsurugi, as usual. Plus, he wouldn't mind speaking with Soma, Al, or 6 to see how they have been holding up.
When: Aaaanytime
Character: Korra
Interaction/Development Wanted: Korra's looking for info. As much as she can get her hands on. If you seem to be a Smart Official Looking Person, she is probably willing to pester you for deets. Other than that, she doesn't have a ton of CR, so anything is fine, really!
When: Anytime!
SCHEDULE!
Link:
Korra:
1. L
no subject
no subject
I'd be open to Link speaking with Lana! I know Aluria mentioned in her post that she'd like Tsurugi to do some coordinating with other teams, though, so maybe that'd be a good thing to bring up with her?
no subject
L could talk to Tsurugi if Aluria wants, but in terms of arranging stuff, I think as long as at least one member of each team talks to at least one member of each other team, as much as we can, that'll work.
no subject
Okay! So whatever arrangement works out, then. I'd be fine having any of mine speak with anyone else, so we'll see where things go?
Tsurugi
Posting Speed: i'd usually say fast but I'm erring towards medium/slow these days because work has been sapping my motivation, sob
Notes: the above about covers my situation!
Character: Tsurugi
Interaction/Development Wanted: I believe there was a plan to hang with Lloyd? Other than that, I'd like him to get into some coordinating with different teams. He's currently looking for the altverse archive and rearing to kick Landel in the face, for reference. Any of the usual suspects also welcome!
When: give me all the threads. all of them. /hit forever
Re: Tsurugi
Re: Tsurugi
Re: Tsurugi
Re: Tsurugi
Lloyd Irving
Posting Speed: Medium... ish...
Notes: I work retail and it's the holiday season. This is the busiest, most stressful time of the year for me. It also means that the store is open longer (yay, holiday hours -_-), so any night I close, I will get home late and exhausted. I'll still try to maintain a medium speed of posting, but there will be days where I might dip down to slow speed. Especially Fridays, which will now be an eleven hour shift from here until Christmas.
Character: Lloyd Irving
Interaction/Development Wanted: Doing something with Tsurugi, and Tiki, you still wanted Kratos to talk to Lloyd about his developing toxicosis symptoms? Other than that, Lloyd's open!
When: Any!
no subject
no subject
Speaking of 3rd floor stuff, I should update Lloyd's "map" pretty soon. :|a
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
SCHEDULE - Do not reply
2. L
3. Tsurugi
4.
L
Posting Speed: Medium, more or less, but it can vary wildly. Sometimes I can do two long log posts a night, sometimes I miss a day or two.
Notes: The structure of this DS means that I may not be able to tag every post once a day, but I'll try to keep threads moving.
Character: L
Interaction/Development Wanted: L wants to talk to any and every character doing third-floor stuff. Specifically, he wants to know what other people's assignments are (in terms of security, archives, and so on) so that he understands more about how they're coordinated as a team. He also wants to know how far other people have gotten and to warn them about the trap he and Lana got caught in, if it doesn't get mentioned on the bulletin board. If people are traveling in groups, he'd only want/need to talk to one from each group.
When: He has no set plans and might even go around, you know, actually making an effort to be social. Ish. For him. You know how it is.
Alphonse Elric
Posting Speed: Fast to medium, trying to be more fast, haha...
Notes: My family is hosting Thanksgiving for both sides, so I'll be scarce then but I should be able to tag in at least once a day.
Character: Alphonse Elric
Interaction/Development Wanted: Al definitely wants to talk to anyone exploring the third floor and just gather as much information as he can, though he especially wants to find the security room. He'll also want to catch up with his friends, see how they're doing.
When: Pffffffffffffffth, whenever.
Re: Alphonse Elric
Am I plotting right yet?
Re: Alphonse Elric
Re: Alphonse Elric
Quality plotting. Yes. /flips hair
EDIT: ......I should probably ask about shifts.